Mobile first to AI first – Put ML/AI on rendering service to the mobile
Gmail being conversational.
Word error rate reduction in voice recognition.
Image recognition – Context based.
Google Lens –
Vision based computing assistant.
Google Home –
Neural beam helped in reducing the number of microphones in google home.
AI first data centers.
Machine learning – 2 elements – 1) Training and 2) Inference
Cloud TPU – Google compute engine. Possible ML/AI through cloud computations.
- State of the art research
- Applied AI
Learning to Learn
- Healthcare – Pathology – 89%
- Biology – Understanding the sea life endangered animals
- Chemistry – Drug discovery
- Auto draw – Suggestion on hand scribbled images
Google assistant –
Conversational – 1) Adding Typing support to assistants – 2) Visual translation
Always available – Available on iPhone – Google assistant SDK – More languages support
Ready to help – Rolled across multiple form factors – TV, Wearable, Mobile, etc.
Actions on google – 3rd party integration – End to end purchases from stores.
Other significant additions to google home includes the following –
- Proactive assistance
- Hands free calling – Personalized calling – Link your number
- Bluetooth support to google home
- More entertainment options
- Visual responses
Google Photos –
- Suggested sharing
- Shared Libraries
- Photo books
- Google Lens to photos
- On Demand – Any screen
- 360 video on TV
- Live 360
- SuperChat – Paid chat to get attention of the host
O developer preview
- Fluid experiences
- Picture in Picture
- Notification Dots
- Auto-fill with Google
- Smart text selection
- On device machine learning – 1) TensorFlowLite 2) Neural networking API
- Security – Google play protect
- OS optimization – Boot time
- Developer Tools – In studio tool improvements
KOTLIN – A new developer language for Android
Android Go –
- OS – Optimized – Super light
- Apps – Chrome data saver – YouTube Go
- Google Play
- Day dream
- Standalone VR – easy to use and presence
- Google visual positioning service
- Education – Google expeditions with AR